I am one of the UK's few Expert Witnesses that can advise on criminal and civil court cases in the management of challenging behaviour in police and prison custody, for Safer Custody.
I also offer Expert services for the management of challenging behaviour in all sectors but have particular expertise in the education sector and currently work with over 300 schools in the UK.
I advise nationally regarding child protection issues.
I am trained as an Expert Witness with Bond Solon Legal Training in conjunction with Cardiff University Law School.
I am a registered Expert with:
- The UK Register of Experts
- The National Expert Witness Agency
- Expert Sources
I have received a variety of awards and recognition for my expertise in these area which includes:
2012 British Excellence in Performance Award, British Association of Women in Policing, for my work on the initial national Safer Detetion and Handling of Persons in Police Custody.
2011 runner up National Business Continuity Awards for innovative training design and delivery for major incident management.
2009 National Training Award for the initial Professionalising Investigation (PIP) programme for the investigation of crimes against the vulnerable.
I have provided Expert opinion and reports on a variety of cases including;
- Prison suicides
- Handcuff cases
- Levels of observations in custody
- Suicide and self harm recognition in custody
- Managing Challenging behaviour in schools
- Children and staff injured in school intervention incidents·
I have worked with:
- BBC Radio 4 File on Four Investigations
- BBC Radio 5 Live Investigations
- The IPCC (Independent Police Complaints Commission)
I was a Police Officer for 24 years, during which time I spent 17 years as a sergeant. I held a variety of roles including:
- Sex offences investigator.
- Custody sergeant.
- Patrol sergeant.
- Tactical support group sergeant (i.e. riot & public disorder).
- Training department sergeant, head of specialist police training.
- Civil contingencies / emergency planning sergeant (including counter terrorism security advice, event planning and VIP visits).
I am also an NSPCC trained trainer and NFPS licensed centre for child protection & safeguarding.